View Profile jonthomson

1,267 Movie Reviews

Madness Day or no Madness Day, if it's a test it's incomplete and shouldn't be uploaded.

Meh. It's a bunch of Madness guys shooting each other. It has some length, has some backgrounds and is generally well animated with backgrounds, sounds and everything, but it's not anything that Krinkels didn't do better a decade ago. Make your own characters and ideas with the skills you have and you'll do far better rather than swimming in a sea of shit ripoffs.

StHeromax responds:

Yeah, I know that the animtion has no plot at all, but I already have some ideas to realize, characters and a lot of things that I want to do, but I can't because of low skill. Of coarse, I won't stop only on idea that some mad guys are shooting each other without any reason. Next time I will try to make some plot before to make fights look at least less pointless.

So after we cut through the intro, which takes up half the length of the movie, we just have some Madness guys doing uninteresting things. Boring and unoriginal. At least it has OK sound and isn't just a plain background, but if you'd have used your own characters and made the movie actually 25-30 seconds rather than 10 you'd score a lot higher.

591 Game Reviews

If it's in alpha, don't upload it. The Portal's for complete works, use Dumping Grounds for feedback.

Just realised that, by the looks of things, Russian doesn't have its own words for "beta" and "version". If it's not complete, don't upload it.

You released an alpha version of this game three years ago. This is seemingly still an alpha version. At this rate it will be in development for longer than Duke Nukem Forever was. Finish the game, you've had long enough.

TaifunRiders responds:

Giving a 0 because a game needs more than 2 years of development is not a very good way to rate it. Honestly, says more about you than about our game.
Usually games that need more development is because they are in general, better than games that need less development.
I understand that you want quantity, with the highest quality and quick. But this is almost impossible in real life.

6 Audio Reviews

Not a fan of this track. Doesn't sound particularly drum and bassy at all, more like intermittent video game music and quasi-dubstep, track seems fairly incoherent as to where it wants to go. Others can probably find something here but it's not for me

Demonicity responds:

it's called Electronica its like dubstep/glitch hop but with reeses and drum and bass sounds
and the second drop is almost pure dnb but i really had some problems to choose wich id put it so i will change it to dubstep :D but i still thank you for the comment!

Average. Track doesn't go anywhere, loop is fairly generic, seems hugely one dimensional. It's not bad, but it's just lacking depth

I like this. Got a nice epic feel about it, not the sort of thing I'd usually listen to (seen link off Newgrounds' Facebook page), but good production and as stated below would have its uses in various places

Parazone and Fairy Liquid, if it's in a glass you'll drink it

36, Male